Threading an Unbelt through your belt loops is a little bittersweet. On one hand, you experience a kind of fit you never knew existed - finally! On the other hand, you realize you'll never again have buckle bulk under your t-shirts, that gap at the back of your jeans, or the laundry day fuss of unthreading it from your belt loops.
Wait. That's just sweet.
Classic sizing: 20-54" hips
- Flexible, adjustable stretch band
- 1/8"-thick all-metal buckle
- Washable in your belt loops
- Hypoallergenic, airport-friendly zinc alloy hardware
- 72% polyester, 17% nylon, 11% (covered) latex band
- Standard belt loop width (1.5” / 4 cm)
- Adjust to approximate length using slider and thread through belt loops
- Tighten or loosen as needed - no need to unthread
- Leave in belt loops on laundry day. Cold wash, hang to dry. Do not iron
Guaranteed to last... and to become totally indispensable.
Not just for jeans anymore!
We knew we had a great belt for keeping denim snug. But when a customer reached out to tell us we had the perfect accessory for riding pants, we dove into headlong a brand-new world.
We reached out to dozens of riders in our hometown of Edmonton, Alberta and put belts on girls and women of every age, shape, and size. We asked tack shops what their customers looked for not only in belts, but in riding apparel in general. And here’s what we learned:
The sag is real.
Undie peekaboos, begone.
Hiking up loose pants is drag; hiking up saggy breeches while riding a moving, 1000-pound animal seems REAL ill-advised. Your pants need to be snug. And guess what? We kiiiiind of keep pants up as, like, our full-time jobs.
Flexibility is everything.
As flexible as that yoga teacher in that sunrise class you tried on Groupon.
We saw the red marks riders get in their hips and tummies from stiff, bulky belts that don’t move with your body: not cool, people. Our testers were super excited about our stretchy, flexible elastic that hugs every shape.
A sleek look.
Bye forever, tummy poke and buckle bulk.
Riding is a good-lookin’ sport, but most belt buckles add bulk where you really want to be smooth like buttah. Enter Unbelts’ ⅛-inch buckle, perfectly invisible under show jackets (and approved by English equestrian officials across all disciplines).
Real talk - breeches get nasty.
We’ve seen what’s involved in cleaning up a horse and their stall. We suspected a belt that was machine-washable in the belt loops could be pretty darn handy, and our testers enthusiastically agreed. (There might have been cheering.)
So - with a few show sponsorships, a legion of remarkable ambassadors who dazzle us every day with videos and pics of them on horseback in our ridiculously comfy, stretchy belts, Unbelts has officially launched in the equestrian community. We’re thrilled to be here. And we’re pretty stoked to spend some time with all the pretty horses, too.
- All components sourced from factories verified to be providing living wages and safe working conditions
- Component factories subject to annual audit and twice-annual site visits
- Sewn in our studio in Shanghai, China