No. 1 Light Oil is a fine conditioning oil for the coat and skin. It adds a light shine to the coat as it smoothes and softens the hair. It adds a fine layer of oil to dry skin or coat to replenish and make skin and hair healthy again. It detangles manes and tails without leaving them sticky or gummy feeling and allows tough knots to slip out with ease.
No. 1 Light Oil is a favorite of breed shows for adding definition to and accentuating the horse’s face and head. Top groomers and hair coat perfectionists use No. 1 Oil in their daily grooming routines to stimulate and add vitality and pizzazz to the horse’s coat, skin, mane and tail.
No. 1 Light Oil is used to make shedding out winter coats easy and quick. It also helps in pulling manes if added to the base of the mane. Used for both these purposes, No. 1 Light Oil allows the hair follicle to slip out without irritating the skin. It is perfect for sensitive horses.
Directions for Use
To use either apply with your hands and/or towel or put into a spray bottle and spray horse lightly from several inches away.
No. 1 Light Oil is available in a 32 oz bottle.
Made in the USA
- Easy to apply with a grooming mitt or cloth.
- No. 1 Oil is great for accentuating the horse’s facial features. Pour some into your hands to apply to face. Use sparingly until desired gloss is achieved.
- No. 1 Oil, when applied to the face, will make the eyes stand out, the nostrils glisten and the inside of the ears look shiny and clean.
- To accentuate and add shine to the body, pour the No. 1 Light Oil into a spray container and spray lightly over the horse for incredible shine.
- Rub a little of the No. 1 Oil onto your hands and then run your hands gently through your horse’s mane and tail to accentuate and add shine to the hair. Use sparingly to not weigh the hair down.
- No. 1 Oil sprayed lightly over the horse’s body will add vitality and a healthful gleam to your horse’s dry skin and hair.
- To remove, use Shapley’s Hi Shine Shampoo as it has been specially formulated to remove oil without stripping the coat.
- Use a little bit of No. 1 Light Oil on a towel to whisk up shedding hairs.
- You can also use No. 1 Light Oil to help stop snow from packing in your horse's hooves.
“No. 1 Light Oil is my go to product when I need to highlight my beautiful Arabs features before I enter the show ring. Judges are amazed at the dramatic effect it produces. Thank you for helping me win!”
“After body clipping, I spray No. 1 Oil on the coat, blanket and leave. The next day all those pesky little hairs have shed out and the coat is healthy and shiny! This has been my ‘secret” for the beautiful show-ring shine for years.”
“As a trainer, I am always looking for a way to save time and money. Your No. 1 Light Oil helps me to quickly achieve a healthy coat and tail….thanks!”