Horseware introduces the next step in equine leg therapy. You will be amazed at how you, and your horse, made it this long without the Ice-Vibe Circulation Therapy boots.
PREPARE: ICE-VIBE boots are rechargeable vibrating boots that boost circulation. Using the boots before you ride can assist you to prepare your horses legs for exercise in the stable, they do this by increasing blood flow to the tendons and ligaments making them more elastic, which can help reduce the risk of injury.
TREATMENT: It is important when looking after your horses legs to reduce soreness and swelling but encourage blood flow for healing. After exercise you can use the vibrating boots with the inner cold packs creating cold circulation, this cools the legs reducing soreness whilst maintaining blood flow so you can assist the healing process.
REPAIR: The ICE-VIBE boots are on an automatic timer, this allows you to assist your horse to repair wear and tear whilst in the stable or out in the field, both before and after exercise. Do not use on fractures or infections.
If your horse has sensitive legs, especially horses with white socks that may be clipped, we recommend leaving the cold packs out of the freezer for 5 mins before use or use them from a refrigerator. Alternatively use a thin wrap on your horses legs before applying the cold packs.
ICE-VIBE is set at the optimum settings for different treatments. Level 1 - Treatment of soreness & swelling. Use with or without cold pack. Level 2 - Boosts circulation with or without cold pack. Can be used to prepare leg for exercise. Level 3 - Stongest setting cold therapy after excercise to repair wear & tear.
Each Pack Contains:
- 2 ICE-VIBE Boots
- 2 cold packs
- 2 vibrating panels
- 2 batteries
- 1 battery charger
- 3 adapters for universal use
- Rechargeable batteries with spare parts sold separately.
Frequently asked questions and answers:
1. What are Ice-Vibe Boots? Ice-Vibe boots are portable massage boots with hot/cold inserts to create warm or cold circulation treatments that can be used before or after excersize or during rehabilitation.
2. My Horse has no problems. Why do I need Ice-Vibe Boots? Tendons are much slower to heal than muscles due to their poor blood supply and slow metabolism. Tendon problems are often the result of a build-up of damage. By using the Ice-Vibe boots regularly you can help stimulate blood flow to your horse's legs while they are standing in a stable.
3. How do the Ice-Vibe Boots increase blood flow? The Ice-Vibe boots have small vibratory motors in them set at a low hertz that stimulate blood flow by creating a massaging effect.
4. How do the Ice-Vibe Boots reduce inflamation? The Ice-Vibe boots have cold packs in them that reduce blood flow, slowing down inflammation while the movement created by the massaging effect, similar to exercise, can help to stimulate the lymph system to move out existing inflammation.
5. Why use Ice-Vibe Boots for recovery instead of just ice? Tendons do not return to previous temperatures as quickly as muscles when cooled as they don't have the same blood supply or metabolism; therefore, making the legs very cold for long periods of time may actually cause an inflammatory response. The boots are designed to cool the tissue via the cold packs and slow down the blood flow to reduce inflammation, but when combined with massage, the blood flow is not completely restricted. This allows oxygen to be maintained to tired and damaged tissue allowing for a better recovery.
6. Why do the massage panels work intermittently? The vibrating motors are set to work intermittently so that when you are treating soreness, the damaged tissue does not get overworked and tired.
7. How do I know blood flow is maintained during the Ice-Vibe treatment? Using a thermal camera we have compared the Ice-Vibe boots to other cold therapies and found the leg does not on average get as cold and returns to its previous temperature faster.
8. How does vibration and massage help reduce scar tissue and improve healing? When an area is healing, scar tissue is formed. The movement created by the vibration and massage helps to break down adhesions and scar tissue while increasing blood flow to assist healing.
9. How does reducing inflammation help my horse to heal? It is important not to completely remove inflammation as the body uses it as a marker to start the repair process; reducing inflammation will assist circulation.
10. Can I use my boots more than once a day? Yes. When using vibration with the cold packs, you can use them 3 or 4 times a day. When using them without the cold packs- vibration only, it is recommended they not be used more than twice a day.
11. Can I use the cold packs as warm packs? Yes. You can put the cold packs in warm water, not the microwave, and apply them with the massage before exercise or on older horses that might have arthritis to assist in reducing stiffness. Do not let the packs get too hot as you could burn your horse.
12. Can I use the boots without any packs? Yes. You can put them on before exercise with just the vibration to create a massaging effect to stimulate blood flow. When blood flow is increased, tendons and ligaments become more elastic which can help to prevent damage.
13. When do I use setting three? Setting three is to be used only with cold packs on bigger boned horses. Setting two is the main setting before and after exercise.
14. Do I use the cold packs from the fridge or freezer? It is important not to make horses' legs too cold and compromise their already poor blood flow. During the winter monrths or if horses are standing in their stable for long periods after the treatment, use packs from the fridge. If the weather is warm or the packs have to travel in a cold bag, store the packs in a freezer.
REPLACEMENT ICE-VIBE COLD PACK: Ice Vibe Cold Pack